411 Mommas is excited to have our Sunday LIVE (November 15th at 2:30 PM PST) with guest momma blogger Shae Libby of StudioSea (@studioseaco) join us this week. Currently residing in Las Vegas, Shae can be found showing us amazing spots to grab a bite around town or taking us behind the scenes of one of her delicious recipes on Instagram. We are excited to have her share not one, but two mouth watering recipes you can try out for the holiday season.
Make sure to give Shae a follow and tag her @studioseaco if you end up trying out any one of these recipes for the Thanksgiving holiday or a just because celebration! Enjoy everyone!
Maple & Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) ham (fully cooked, spiral sliced)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pineapple tidbits (optional)
Instructions for glaze:
- Place brown sugar, maple syrup, garlic and spices in small saucepan.
- Heat on medium-low until sugar dissolves.
- Remove glaze from heat.
- Remove 1/2 cup of glaze and set aside for basting at the end
Instructions for ham:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place ham on baking dish.
- Pour half of glaze over ham and in between spiral slices.
- Cover ham snugly with foil.
- Heat for 1.5 to 2 hours (2 hours for larger size ham, 1 hour for smaller size ham)
- Open foil and roll down to expose ham.
- Baste ham with remaining glaze.
- Increase oven temp to 350 degrees.
- Put ham, uncovered, back into oven.
- Bake until glaze forms~about 10 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Insert pineapple tidbits in between spirals (optional).
Turkey Sopas Recipe
- 12-16 oz. cooked boneless turkey breast
- ½ sm head of cabbage, shredded & chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- Smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 12 oz. evaporated milk can
- ½ cup elbow macaroni or any pasta you desire
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cartons of Kirkland’s Chicken Stock or any quart size cartons of chicken stock or bone broth
- Water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste*
Instructions for soup
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the garlic over med-low heat until it turns golden brown. Add shallots, celery, and carrots. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the leftover turkey. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked sausage. Quickly stir to warm and then pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Stir and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta in the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage. Stir and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Note: you can add more water or stock if needed.
- (Optional) Pour the evaporated milk. Stir, continue to simmer, cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add Kinder’s Master Salt, Trader Joe’s Everything but the Leftovers spice blend and fresh ground black pepper to taste*
- **If you don’t have these spices available, use garlic salt, turmeric, dried celery seed, ground sage, ground rosemary, dried thyme, & dried parsley to taste. I recommend using a 1/4 tsp of each herb and a 1/2 tsp of garlic salt as a substitute.**
Thanks again Shae for sharing your love and talent with us. We look forward to seeing what you have cooked up for next time!