|photo courtesy of MomTrends
The Holidays are now upon us and if you Mommas are looking for some easy quick recipes to serve at your Holiday Party, Wonderful Pistachio has some quick and delicious recipes for you. My family is a huge fan of Wonderful Pistachios, we get it by the biggest bag we possibly can and without fail it’s done within a few days. These recipes are sure to be a hit with your family and friends without keeping you in the kitchen for hours to prep.
As far as a starter dish, I highly recommend the Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Wonderful Pistachios, Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Glaze. Just the title of the dish alone sounds mouth watering. Not only are the ingredients amazing on their own but combined with Wonderful Pistachios, they are out of this world. (Full Recipe below)
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Wonderful Pistachios, Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Glaze
Sweet roasted potato wedges get the holiday treatment with crunchy Wonderful Pistachios, tangy goat cheese and a lovely pomegranate glaze.
Prep: 20 minutes / Time to Table: 45 minutes / Serves: 8 (about 4-5 wedges/person)
4 large sweet potatoes, well-scrubbed and cut into 1” thick wedges
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
4 ounces goat cheese
½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios, chopped
2 tablespoons POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Toss potato wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper, mixing thoroughly. Transfer the wedges to the baking sheets making sure they spaced evenly.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir wedges and rotate pans. Bake another 10 minutes until cooked through and caramelized. Remove from the oven.
4. Combine the honey and the POM Wonderful pomegranate juice. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a platter and scatter the Wonderful Pistachios and goat cheese over them. Drizzle the pomegranate glaze over all. Serve.
No Holiday menu is complete without desert…Brownie Cookies with Wonderful Pistachio…yes please! Easy to prep, make and will have your guests begging for the recipe below!
Wonderful Pistachio Chocolate Brownie Cookies
These easy-to-make cookies pack a ton of chocolate punch with gorgeous green Wonderful Pistachios to make them festive.
Prep: 20 minutes / Time to Table: 40 minutes / Makes: 4 dozen
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
16 ounces chopped dark chocolate (about 2¾ cups)
¼ cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups, shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, roughly chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until just hot and butter is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and stir mixture, until completely melted; set aside to cool.
4. Beat eggs and both sugars in an electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, at medium speed, about 5 minutes, until thickened and light. Pour cooled chocolate mixture in two batches, mixing after each addition. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in 1½ cups Wonderful Pistachios by hand.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes, alternating pans half-way through, until cookies are puffed and cracked on top. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Meanwhile, chop remaining Wonderful Pistachios finely. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Place wire rack with cookies on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with remaining finely chopped Wonderful Pistachios and flaked sea salt.
The411Mommas want to wish you all a wonderful Holiday and if you try any of these recipes or many others found on Wonderful Pistachio, please let us know!